Name: Weilin Inori
Faction: Empire (Capital City)
Ability: Swarm- Boosts power of Bug-type moves by 50% when at 1/3 HP or less
- Aerial Ace (Flying)
- Brick Break (Fighting)
- Quick Attack (Normal)
Job/Occupation: Wandering Samurai (totes unemployed, baha)
- Trees (don’t ask; he just does)
- Natural sounds (rustle of leaves, running waters, rain)
- Training (physical or mental- either are refreshing)
- Bitter foods
- Fire/ Strong heat
- Super spicy foods
+ Disciplined || + Honorable || + Responsible || - Habitual || - Short-sighted || - Tense
Weilin is a disciplined hard worker, almost to a fault; he is most comfortable when he has a job to do, and often creates busy work for himself when he does not. He dislikes being idle, and isn’t the greatest at sitting still or relaxing, unless meditating. Through the years, Weilin’s experiences have taught him humility and respect, and he exhibits both of these qualities almost religiously (with the exception of a few people…).
Weilin often appears stoic and unfriendly, and is not much of a conversationalist to strangers. He is wary, but this is not to say that he is hostile, and will engage in pleasant small-talk if prompted. Though not exhibited often, Weilin’s humor is that of a dry wit, and very sarcastic, which he tends to display only around his closer relationships.
The eldest son of the main branch of the Inori clan, Weilin grew up in the traditional Yamanashi region of the empire. Raised to be a leader and a warrior, the young heir’s world flipped on its head in a single night, changing the course of his destiny forever.
The Inori clan was one of few families in the Yamanashi region that proactively supported the Empire’s military, and sent men to the Capital to become warriors. Weilin, among several others, was one of these warriors. The family’s progressive attitude caused an aggressive rift between themselves and many other families in the region, and the Inori clan garnered many enemies in their homeland.
Weilin was serving in the Capital when he received a summons from his superior officer- He was being sent back to the Yamanashi region with all of his Inori family members serving beside him. No additional information was given, and no explanation. Feeling more like a prisoner than a soldier, Weilin and his relatives were finally informed of the situation upon arriving in Yamanashi.
The Inori clan had been accused of treason, and it was up to them to prove otherwise. Their only option: voluntary execution. Being the only Inori men in the capital, the capital had concluded they must be the spies the Inori clan was accused of harboring in the Empire’s locus. Their options were clear: sacrifice themselves for the good of their family, or submit their family to the Empire’s wrath and be executed regardless. It was a simple choice.
But Weilin was young, and an idealist then.
Unable to watch his brothers executed before him, Weilin fought, desperate for a third option. It was a short-lived act of naïve bravery, and the heir to the Inori clan had underestimated the might of the Empire’s military. His brothers were executed, and Weilin was forced to watch as the Capital’s military flooded his village with fire and violence- ensuring that no one, not his mother or father, nor his little brother or sister, or his grandparents and neighbors- no one- made it out alive.
Their screams will ring in his ears until the day he dies.
Such is the price of safety in the Empire.
Years later, Weilin has become a nomad- a wandering samurai with all the skills necessary to be a warrior and a leader, but the lack of confidence and desire to employ them. Weilin carries the weight of hundreds of deaths on his shoulders, a weight that he chooses to carry, and it wasn’t until he met the wandering Flareon, Atim Joo, that he found a purpose to strive for while he carries the weight of his burdens.
Currently, Weilin travels and serves as a bodyguard for Atim and his partner, Gina Nishida, forming an unlikely trio that wanders wherever their needs see fit, providing them with many adventures now and to come.
- Atim Joo
Having once had his life saved by this man, Weilin has since been honor-bound to him indefinitely. Weilin currently serves as his travelling companion and bodyguard, though he knows little about Atim’s background other than that he is far more skilled at combat than he lets on.
A constant mystery to Weilin, Atim is nothing if not laidback, and his carefree demeanor is sometimes off-putting to the tense samurai. Between bouts of laziness and lighthearted jest, Weilin occasionally senses an underlying strength about the man he travels with, reminding him of the bond he shares with Atim, and the debt he owes.
- Gina Nishida
Quite possibly the most charismatic and often irritating woman he has ever met, Gina has a knack for grating on the man’s nerves, and making him feel guilty about it all at once. Weilin is often startled by the ‘devil may care’ attitude Gina possesses, and despite his frustrations with her, he can’t say that he doesn’t respect her abilities with her silver tongue, and her strength in character.
- Lives by meditation, and has the ability of completely shutting out his surroundings while being entirely aware of them
- Is an extremely light sleeper
- Will run himself to exhaustion, and eventually will collapse and sleep for up to the larger part of a day to restore his mind and body
- Is extraordinarily uncomfortable with fire- almost a phobia
- Carries two swords, twin blades, though will never draw them in battle, instead choosing to rely on his moveset and other martial art skills to engage in battle (though he does have a number of other small weapons [including small blades] he will use in battle)
- Almost always wears his armor, except when sleeping (unless catnapping) or other circumstances dictate the need to remove it (when in battle, Weilin is twice as fast without the armor, but still chooses to wear it unless absolutely necessary to take off)
- Having once escaped the clutches of the Empire’s decisive grip, Weilin is extremely cautious around military figures, and tries to avoid them entirely, lest they discover his identity and he be hanged for treason and a number of other charges. (Nothing major, just execution, ya’know~ ;})
- Was married once- an arranged marriage- and now widowed, as his wife succumbed to chronic illness after only a year of marriage.
Types of RP: Lit or script; I’m not picky, but I am slow!
Weilin will be available for rp within the Pokedo Empire chatrooms, and a few note or comment rps, given my schedule. Just ask~!
Gina and Atim belong to the lovely Trix-ster~!
*putting JollehBee in here for the moral support~ >B}*